Effective from 20 January 2021.
This policy outlines how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. We use this information to deliver on our purpose - to make aspirational spaces accessible for everyone. Our brand is built on trust and integrity so we will always respect your privacy.
If you have any questions about your privacy or this policy, please contact us. You can also learn more about your privacy rights by talking to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
What does this policy do?
This policy covers the services provided by TileHaus Ltd and ensures you that your information is collected, used, disclosed and protected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
What information do we collect?
We collect information through your use of our website, social media websites, other communications and phone calls and your general business dealings with our company. This may include personal information such as names, contact details, address and other information to support our business functions and activities.
Collection of personal information on our website or our social media pages will either be made clear from the context (e.g. request to complete information fields) or will state to the user that personal information is being collected. In addition, we may collect information through click tracking (in relation to your use of our website including the content you access and any services you utilise) and through log files or cookies.
We may automatically collect general statistical information on our website about visitors to our website, such as IP addresses. However, such information does not refer to individuals by name or their contact details. Information collected may include the device you are using, the applications you use, your operating system, your IP address, your geo-demographic information, browsers used, dates visited, pages visited and number of visitors.
Unless you have opted out, we may receive information about you and your activities and interactions with our communications.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you that is publicly available.
How do we use your information?
We collect, use, hold and disclose your information for the purposes of our business functions and activities including:
- To provide our products and services to our customers and information relating to our products and services.
- To conduct transaction analysis to assist in providing a better service by tailoring our products and services to meet your needs.
- For verification of your identity and to conduct verification and credit checks for invoicing and billing purposes.
- To send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information to keep you up to date on recent product and company information (unless you opt out).
- To run promotional programmes such as referral programmes, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us.
- To improve promotional programmes, websites and other activities to better suit your requirements.
- Any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
Unsubscribing from our marketing materials
Every time we send emails for marketing or promotional purposes, our emails will contain instructions on how you may unsubscribe. This will remove you from marketing lists. You may still receive communications we consider integral in doing business with us, for example, range deletions, ordering information, or invoices.
Who do we disclose information to?
We may disclose your personal information to others to enable us to provide you with our products and services in the following ways:
- To provide and manage our services, we may need to disclose some of your personal information to our third-party service providers such as courier and delivery companies, third party logistic companies, marketing and promotion companies and business support services. These providers have limited access to personal information to perform tasks on our behalf.
- For legal compliance or law enforcement purposes or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or policies.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of others.
- We may disclose your personal information to related subsidiary companies for the use in their normal business activities.
- We may share information that is not personally identifiable for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising and other business purposes.
- We may also disclose information under other circumstances where you have expressly consented for us to do so.
How do we hold and protect your information?
We work hard to ensure we keep your personal information safe and to avoid any harm to you or your personal information. We would notify you and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner if a potentially harmful data breach of your personal information did occur.
We will keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably required for us to use it in accordance with this policy.
You may seek to access or correct your personal information at any time by contacting us. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires significant effort on our part.
How do we amend this policy?